We all love Autumn, and as a new blogger I think I have transitioned into this blogging season very well. Suddenly my summer beauty blog idea’s in my head have switched to Autumn/Winter. I’m currently sat here in a woollen jumper with a cuppa and thought i’d note down a list of things that I like to do in autumn , just in case you find yourself with a weekend/day/afternoon spare this season and you’re stuck for something to do.
In no particular order here are 15 things I love to do in autumn.
- Go for a walk in a wood or open park in my wellies and take pictures of all the autumn leaves that fall from the tree’s.
- Go for Hot chocolates or PSL’s with my girls and sit outside in our coats and scarves.
- Going through my wardrobe and getting all my jumpers and boots out. This is the best day ever!!! Especially now I have a pair of black suede knee length boots.
- Buy a new leather jacket – my autumn staple preferably from Zara or Topshop as they last forever. I think this year I want a chocolate brown one or a burgundy one.
- Have a movie night with my boyfriend under blankets with lots of chips and dips, Chinese, or plenty of popcorn (im a sweet and salty mixed kind of gal).
- Invest in a good pair of winter pajama’s. Now this is a priority for me. I love fleecy pj’s but im partial to the long sleeved shirt and trousers combo . I like to buy pajamas from next, river island and sainsburys as they always fit me perfectly and they wash well (don’t I sound like an old 23 year old haha).
- Go to LUSH and treat myself and my mum to a Halloween collection bath bomb. One of my most favourite seasonal bath bomb from Lush is Lord of Misrule. I also love the Bonfire Night Collection so I can get a ‘northern lights’ bath bomb, I love it!
- Prepare my Halloween outfit. – This takes a lot of planning and preparation as I like to look really good and scary! Myself and my boyfriend went as Dia de los Muertos (Mexican day of the dead) characters last year and I loved it. Not sure what to do this year yet so any idea’s would be much appreciated!
- Decorate my house for Halloween. I could literally be an American as I go all out for Halloween. I love the lights, decorations, sensor moving ornaments, you name it I love it. I try and stay classy though, I save the tack for Christmas. I also love trick or treaters so I stock up on ample amounts of sweets and kinda hope loads don’t come so we can have the leftovers.
- Have a pumpkin carving competition with my brother. He always wins.
- Purchase some candles which have pumpkin/cinnamon/spice/bonfire wrote all over them. I have recently moved into my own home with my boyfriend so I can’t wait to buy and burn lots of candles so my house permanently smells like autumn.
- Go to an organised Bonfire Night. – The Midlands tend to go a bit crazy with bonfire night. I love to go to several organised events with my family and watch the fireworks and the bonfire be lit. I also love spelling my name with a sparkler – use gloves though as that is my pet peeve of autumn when you see people with sparkers and no gloves #silly.
- Go to a fairground. In particular Goose Fair. This is the biggest fair in the Country and it comes to Nottingham at the start of October. I go every year with all my mates for a wander round. I love to go on the swing ride and buy candy floss and one of those massive candy dummies.
- Eat Autumnal Food. Coming from one particular city in the Midlands we love mushy peas and mint sauce – yes on its own. Everyone gets a sudden craving for them in October and November and I absolutely love them. I also love eating sweets, cinnamon buns, and toffee apples!!
- Cheese and Wine nights with your friends. Nothing says autumn more to me than going round to your friend’s house with cheese and wine and having a good old laugh. Be warned though the hangover is horrendous.
What do you do like to do in autumn? Which of my top 15 things to do is your favourite? Let me know in the comments below, on Twitter and on Instagram.
Hope you get up to some fun things this autumn and at least do one of my top 15 with your loved ones or yourself, (if you’re interested I’ve already done 1,3,5 and 7 – I need to get moving and tick some others off my list!).
Lots of love,