I love autumn/fall/winter whatever you say!. I feel like I can completely change my everyday make-up, hair routine, skin care and nails to suit the changing seasons. This post includes 10 different ideas. They are a brief summary of how I change all of my beauty routines. Feel free to copy and incorporate them into your own lives.
In no particular order this is 10 ways I change everything to become an autumn/winter beauty routine.
1. Dig out the best selection of autumn nail polishes and give yourself an autumn manicure and pedicure. I love burgundy, chocolates, nudes, greys and stone shades for autumn. I also love a dark metallic green. Also make sure you protect your nails from damage and breakages as its gets colder.
2. Change your foundation game. I like to get that ‘dewy’ look in the autumn so I don’t tend to wear a full coverage foundation. I like the Rimmel match perfection or a bb cream or tinted moisturiser.
3. Get your favourite blusher out. My favourite is Rockateur by Benefit as it has a bit of shimmer in. – who doesn’t love rose gold nowadays anyway!
4. Join the autumn lipstick shade squad. – My favourites are dark nudes such as Velvet Teddy, or a nice burgundy plum such as CT Glastonberry < GORGEOUS.
5. Change your skin care routine – buy a moisturiser that is thicker and more nourishing for the skin, and invest in a good serum or primer to give you more of a glow on blustery days when your face has been bashed and bruised by the wind. I love Nivea ones!
6. Give your Hair some more attention with a hair mask. – I love do to hair masks when I have a bath, its super relaxing and works wonders on hair that’s got super knotted in the wind outside, or has become dry in the colder weather. Hair oil is also the best thing for autumn/winter. Your hair locks in the moisture from the oil, so you get glossy locks whatever the weather.
7. Treat yourself to a good quality body butter such as the ones from The Body Shop. I hate it when I wear tights and my legs are really dry (ever had that problem?) – moisturising after your daily shower or bath will help eradicate this and keep you feeling silky smooth.
8. Up the lip balm. My lips become so sore in wet and windy weather, so I make sure I have a lip balm in every bag/coat pocket/bedside table and car just in case. (p.s I only have one car haha).I love Kiko lip balms, and good old vaseline.
9. Purchase a good quality hand cream. I love Molton Brown Hand cream, yes its expensive but it lasts forever because its good quality and you don’t need to use a lot. My favourite is the coco and sandalwood one, and the Rhubarb and Rose. A hand cream is most needed when the weather becomes that bit colder but it’s not that cold that you need gloves. Making sure my hands and nails are nourished is a high priority for me, I hate dry hands that looked all wrinkly and old!
10. Beauty Sleep. The nights get darker earlier and for longer, always make sure you get plenty of sleep to keep your skin looking healthy! If I don’t have enough sleep I breakout or don’t concentrate as much as I should. Autumn nights are the perfect time to have earlier nights and let your body recover. Get your moisturisers all over your body, after a nice soak, put your jamas on read a book and get some beauty sleep!
Do you change any of your beauty routines as the seasons change like me? What’s your favourite things to do in autumn when it comes to beauty?
Also keep your eyes peeled as I am posting a lifestyle autumn blog post very soon which will give you some ideas of things to do on your own or with loved ones this season!!